[texbirds] Birding Nueces County Today

  • From: Sheridan Coffey <sngcanary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds - Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 18:05:25 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,
I had a rather interesting day on the central coast. I had a bit of a late
start at Blucher Park. I had 10 species of warblers there, with the best being
a Swainson's Warbler, re-found my Marcin Kotjka.  There was also a Black-headed
Grosbeak, found by Larry Jordon. Other warblers included Hooded,
Black-and-white, Nashville, Mourning, Common Yellow-throat, Ovenbird,
Orange-crowned, Wilson's and American Redstart. I headed over to the island,
stopping at the Willows in front of the Sandpiper Condos. There I had a
Nashville and Yellow Warbler, along with a Traill's type flycatcher.

Paradise Pond was by far my best stop. Almost immediately, I found a male
Townsend's Warbler. There were numerous Indigo Buntings and a couple of Blue
Grosbeaks. Other warblers including Magnolia, Nashvilles, Black-throated Green,
Yellow, Black-and-white, Tennessee, and Orange-crowned. I also had a
Great-crested Flycatcher.

Sheridan Coffey
San Antonio, Tx
http://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/