[texbirds] Birder Patrol Goose Chase Next Saturday

  • From: "Mary Beth Stowe" <mbstowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 05:23:46 -0600

Hi, all!

This month's Birder Patrol trip on the 24th will be the Wild Goose Chase,
hitting the back roads around Delta Lake et al looking for geese, cranes,
and whatever else shows up.  Time permitting, we also plan on making a run
up to the La Sal del Rey area to look for Hooded Mergansers, Say's Phoebes,
and other reported goodies.

Meeting place will depend on where you live:  those nearest Harlingen will
meet at the Stripes at 508 and US 77 at 6:30, and those closer to Edinburg
will meet at the Flying J Plaza on Monte Cristo and US 281 (west side of the
parking lot), also at 6:30.  We all plan to rendezvous at Santiago Garcia
Elementary in Edcouch (SR 107 and FM 1015) at seven, so if you actually live
closer to that spot, you can just meet us there.

Cost is $5.00 per person, and all proceeds go to support the Arroyo Colorado
Audubon's Beginning Birders Classes.

See you there!  MB

Mary Beth Stowe

McAllen, TX