[texbirds] Birdblinds at South Llano River SP

  • From: "Rhandy Helton" <rjhelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:24:07 -0500

Yesterday I worked out at the state park with the "Women Gone Wild in the
Outdoors" or whatever it's called. I had a morning and afternoon group of
ladies and it was mostly birdblind birding. Tony Gallucci was teaching Outdoor
Photography at the site beside me and it was good to visit with him. He picked
up a fly-by Green Kingfisher and a Northern Parula at his location in the
Day-Use area. We had most of the typical birdblind birds i.e. lots of House
Finches, Pine Siskins, Lesser Goldfinches and a few sparrow species. We did
have 3 bunting species including a nice Lazuli Bunting at the Agarita Blind.
Also at Agarita (blind directly behind park office) were Painted Bunting and a
very close Black-capped Vireo, of which I got several good views. A single
Nashville Warbler passed through the trees above the water feature. At the
Juniper Blind we had a nice Indigo Bunting.
Rhandy J. Helton
Junction, Tx.