[texbirds] Bentsen Bird Walk 4.26.15

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:13:22 +0000

It sure seems like the Headquarters and the Hawk Tower are the bird hotspots at
the moment! We started off at the Headquarters with a singing Clay-colored
Thrush and turned the corner to see a Greater Roadrunner! At the Nature
Center, we had several White-tipped Doves and White-winged Doves hanging
around. We didn't see too much at the Resaca or the Kiskadee Blind today, so
we headed to Hawk Watch. At the Hawk Tower, we were able to see a very patient
Olive-sided Flycatcher, hear a Brown-crested Flycatcher, and watch the
beginning of the morning hawk lift-off.
Join us for the last few days of Hawk Watch at the Hawk Tower, till April 30th
from 8:30am-12:00pm, daily.

Species Count
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck 4
Mottled Duck 2