[texbirds] Bentsen Bird Walk 4.19.15

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 19:31:48 +0000

Hello Texbirders,
We had a pleasant Bird Walk this morning with a nice variety of local species.
We started off at the Headquarters with a Ruby-throated Hummingbird and a very
vocal Altamira Oriole. At the canal, we were able to see the Black Phoebe and
the Cave Swallows. We spent a good chunk of time at the Hawk Tower waiting for
the morning lift-off and were not disappointed with the looks we received! On
the way towards the Headquarters, we enjoyed a Brown-crested Flycatcher calling
and hawks flying.

Don't forget about Hawk Watch! Daily until April 30th from 8:30am-12:00pm at
the Hawk Tower.

Species Count
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck 9
Mottled Duck 3