[texbirds] Baytown Nature Center Brown Boobies

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "DHanson139@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 09:17:01 -0500

The number of Brown Boobies at BNC are now indeed at 5. There are 3 juvies
and 2 adults and they were still there yesterday afternoon around 2:30. A
small  boat spooked them off the tower and they zoomed around for 10-15
minutes before  landing again one tower closer than they had been. Jan did get
some pictures  showing all 5 in one frame.

On another note yesterday afternoon I noticed a hummingbird out the kitchen
 window and this morning I managed a couple of poor pictures of it. Looks
to be a  Rufous/Allen's type from what I can tell. Looks in a highly cropped
picture to  be a juvenile male with lots of spots under the throat.

David  Hanson
FeatherFest 2015 Birding Program  Leader
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County
Galveston Bay  Area Master Naturalist
TOS Member