[texbirds] Bastrop S. P. Western Tanager (Local interest)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:32:51 -0500

The above found singing in Bastrop S. P this morning from the NORTH trail
head west of Harmon Rd.  Best found by listening for its song (has pauses
like Y. T. Vireo).  Be aware I had like 18-19 Summer Tanagers this morning
in the park, sometimes 3 heard at a single stop..  GPS Cord.s if you want
to Google Earth location are 30 06' 22.75" X -097 15' 22.49".  This portion
of the park is open for trail users.
Other birds of interest, to me at least...Singing Kentucky Warbler, a pair
of Mississippi Kites, singing Chuck-will's-Widow (6:38AM), Clay-colored
Sparrows, Indigos. E. Kingbirds etc.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621