[texbirds] Bald Eagles in Austin - Local interest

  • From: Dan Allen <dja78704@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:54:18 -0800 (PST)

I had two bald eagles at Roy Guerrero Park this afternoon. One adult and one
almost-adult. They hung around the second drainage wash area for a while before
flying upstream towards Long Horn Dam and Lady Bird Lake. I wasn't able to see
if they made it all the way. About thirty minutes later they returned heading
downstream and flew off into the distance.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61139521@N05/8316371186/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61139521@N05/8315374061/in/photostream/

Dan Allen
Austin, TX