[texbirds] Bald Eagle near Cleburne - late report

  • From: "Gary & Kathy Saucier" <gksaucier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:20:29 -0500

I've been traveling and had no way to send email for the last 9 days.  So I
don't know if this information is useful to anyone.  But thought I would
post it anyway.
On Saturday Oct 12th we were driving down Hwy 67 heading towards Glen Rose
from Cleburne area.  It was 10:10 am when an adult Bald Eagle gave us a
really nice look.  It was flying south to north, fairly low, and crossed 67
near FM 233.  We were able to pull over and watch it cross over behind our
car and head off across a field until it went out of sight.

Have any eagles been spotted in this area by anyone else?  Is there a
nesting pair, a lake they are hanging out at or any other info?

Kathy Saucier

Carrollton