[texbirds] Baird's Sandpiper (Cameron) & Pectorals (Hidalgo)

  • From: Pat DeWenter <hoocooks4you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:36:34 -0500

This morning I managed to find one Baird's Sandpiper feeding on sand flats
behind a group of Least Sandpipers at the pond mentioned by Rex Sanford
yesterday.  This was just east of FM1479 along Jimenez Road, which is
between Rangerville and Harlingen in Cameron Co.
This afternoon I counted 12 Pectoral Sandpipers at the Progreso Sod Farms
in Hidalgo Co.  Didn't see any other grasspipers there.
Pat DeWenter
Weslaco