[texbirds] Austin Christmas Bird Count - December 20, 2014

  • From: Shelia Hargis <shelia.hargis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:13:06 -0600

Join us on Saturday, December 20th, for the annual Austin Christmas Bird
Count. The Austin CBC is sponsored by the Travis Audubon Habitat
Conservation Committee. The CBC circle is centered on McKinney Falls State
Park and basically covers southeast Austin. We need many birders to
adequately survey the birds in the circle area to find all of the expected
species and the rare species visiting the area. We would especially like to
have some feeder watchers this year, so if you live within the circle and
have bird feeders, please participate.

For more specific information about the Austin CBC including a map showing
the count circle, go to www.austincbc.com. Email Shelia Hargis and Laurie
Foss at austincbc@xxxxxxxxx with questions or to register. Thank you for
participating in this important citizen-science project!

Shelia Hargis

Austin