[texbirds] Anzulduas Swainson's (local interest)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:57:31 -0500

Spend most of the day downstream of Anzuldus near the river.  There is a
pair of Swainson's Hawks here before the new bridge tha would seem to be
nesting in the morning there was the pair flying around a lot and then
during the heat of the day a single bird, but at least one was nearly
always in sight.  They roamed back and forth across the rover so I could
not really get an idea which side they favored.  Lots of trees along the
river and weir on both sides.

  Pretty bleak birdwise otherwise where we were.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist