[texbirds] Anahuac swans- Yes

  • From: Brooke Nicotra <brookenicotra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:14:20 -0600

I saw the swans today.  After extensive scannning from the boardwalk, I did
not see them.  However, on the third side of Shoveler Pond, I stopped to
look at some ducks, and while I was looking, both swans appeared from
behind one of the levees in the center of the pond.  They remained in sight
only a short time, and then disappeared.  I assume they were feeding and
out of sight.  I went back to the boardwalk and still could not see them.
They were visible from the road about 100 feet beyond the bridge viewing
area on the third side. You'll need both patience and luck at times.

--
Brooke Nicotra
Kingwood, Texas, USA