[texbirds] Anahuac- Bobolink & Ruff

  • From: Greg Page <gregpage1465@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 20:10:19 -0500

The Bobolinks were still at Anahuac NWR this morning near the marsh on the
right just after you turn on the road to the boat ramp.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/13922789960/
There were about 10 males. I did not see any females. They were all sitting
in a couple of small trees singing.
The Ruff was still there this morning too.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/14109764774/
When I first saw it, it was a couple of hundred feet away. Suddenly it flew
towards me and landed about 30 feet away and stayed there for about 20
minuets.

Greg Page
Houston