[texbirds] Amazon yes

  • From: Beth Duncan <Beth.Duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:44:55 +0000

How lucky can you get.  Mom, Meghan and I headed South from  Leander at 5 a.m.
made some stops along the way and pulled up on Hwy 100 to try for the Amazon
and there it was!  Right out in front of us perched high on a snag wagging its
tail.  Did not get camera on it before it flew but got great close looks in
binos.  This was around noon.  About 12:30 it headed around the bend.  I'm told
it was quite active and visible for most of the morning.
Heading to try for the Becard at Santa Anna.

Beth Duncan
Leander, TX