[texbirds] Amazon Kingfisher Today (Tuesday November 19th) at Route 100 Resacas

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:33:11 -0600

TexBirders,

I spent several hours this afternoon (Tuesday November 19th) waiting
for the Amazon Kingfisher to appear at the resacas along Route 100
just east of Route 77. It showed itself about 4:30 on the far side of
the resaca and then flew to the east / second resaca. Several people
walked up to the second resaca and were rewarded with very close
views of the bird before it moved to the far side of that resaca.

Alas, I was not one of those people, but I did get some "documentary"
photos from the first resaca, which can be viewed at:

www.otterside.com/fall2013

Enjoy!

Erik Breden
Harlingen, Texas