[texbirds] Re: Am. Tree Sparrow - No

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "christian.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <christian.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "kulstad@xxxxxxxx" <kulstad@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 15:17:28 +0000

All -

Do not let the name sway you - they prefer reedy / grassy edges, cattails,
brushlines, etc.   Back in CT during CBCs, I would get them out on the salt
marshes in the little "islands" of bushes and along the phragmites edges where
the water would be more brackish.

Clay Taylor
TOS Life Member
Calallen (Corpus Christi), TX