[texbirds] Re: Allen's and rufous Hummers

  • From: Susan Heath <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "adewittpatton@xxxxxxx" <adewittpatton@xxxxxxx>, Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 20:56:41 -0500

Alton and texbirders,

We banded a second year Allen's hummingbird in the Williams yard last winter
(1/27/13) with band number J04430 so it is possible that this is the same bird
and it has returned for a second winter. A second year bird means it is in the
second calendar year of life so it was hatched in 2012. We hope to get to
Williams house in the next few weeks to try and trap some birds and verify band
numbers.

Sue

Susan Heath
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory