[texbirds] Adult Brown Booby at Canyon Lake, Poor Photos

  • From: Sheridan Coffey <sngcanary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:25:05 -0700

****** MESSAGE POSTED TO THE OLD LIST *******

Dear all,
this evening I drove up to Canyon Lake after work to check for the Brown Booby.
The bird was easily seen from the dam. It was perched on the far tower of the
structure off of the dam. I parked at Overlook Park and walked down the dam
along with Brad Weir, past the structure and looked back. Marcin Kotjka was
already there. He got much better photos than I did, but I did want to get
these out there to show the bird. Here is a link to my photos, which are
HEAVILY cropped, as I don't digiscope.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sngcanary/sets/72157631298380982/

Sheridan Coffey
San Antonio, Tx
http://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/s
TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds
ngcanary