[texbirds] Re: Adult Bald Eagle between Eagle Lake and Altair

  • From: Brent Ortego <brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ehickl@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ehickl@xxxxxxxxxxx>, texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 07:44:49 -0600

The Colorado River is a very productive river for nesting Bald Eagles.  It has
about one nesting pair per 5 air miles between Austin and the Coast.  Not many
nests are located within view of bridges, but foraging birds might be seen like
what was reported by Ed.

Brent Ortego

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department

Victoria, TX