[texbirds] Aberrant Yellow-throated warbler or hybrid

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 22:45:57 -0400 (EDT)

This past Tuesday after checking out the northeast coast rarities, I headed up
to the Big Thicket area along the Neches River in Orange County to look for
odes.  At one point I photographed this Yellow-throated Warbler over my head
and didn't notice anything unusual till I got home and looked at the photos.
Now I see it's really got a lot of black on the face, breast and wings which
has got me wondering if it's melanistic or maybe a hybrid with Black-and-white
Warbler.  Comments?

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/antshrike/Birds/Yellow-throatedWarblerNechesRiverOrange6-5-12374_resize.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/antshrike/Birds/Yellow-throatedWarblerNechesRiverOrange6-5-12383_resize.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/antshrike/Birds/Yellow-throatedWarblerNechesRiverOrange6-5-12380_resize.jpg