[texbirds] 8-22-12 Tennessee , Great-crested @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:20:17 -0500

8-22-12 Tennessee , Great-crested @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

We returned yesterday from visiting family and I'm finishing up on a beautiful
morning of birding.  Still pleasant out!  Today had Tenessee Warbler,
Great-crested Flycatcher, Western Kingbird, and still, Painted Buntings.
Yesterday afternoon had Northern Waterthrush and Black-and-white Warbler.
Ruby-throats are everywhere.  Heading in at 120 pm

Thanks to our volunteers that helped while we were gone: Sharon, Johnnie,
Sandi, Lora and Nancy.  Among exciting birds, they had Yellow, American
Redstart, Black-and-white and I think other warblers.  I'm sure I'm missing
stuff!

BirdLog Counter: Today
Number of Checklists: 3
Number of Species: 34

9 Northern Bobwhite
1 Black Vulture
1 Cooper's Hawk
1 Red-shouldered Hawk
1 Killdeer
156 White-winged Dove
30 Mourning Dove
4 Inca Dove
7 Common Ground-Dove
6 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
5 Ladder-backed Woodpecker
4 Eastern Phoebe
1 Great Crested Flycatcher
1 Western Kingbird
7 White-eyed Vireo
29 Barn Swallow
6 Carolina Chickadee
20 Black-crested Titmouse
1 Bewick's Wren
7 Carolina Wren
28 Northern Mockingbird
1 Long-billed Thrasher
1 Tennessee Warbler
4 Lark Sparrow
1 Summer Tanager
94 Northern Cardinal
3 Painted Bunting
12 Red-winged Blackbird
25 Great-tailed Grackle
7 Orchard Oriole
30 House Finch
46 Lesser Goldfinch
15 House Sparrow

This trip summary was created using the BirdLog app for iPhone and iPad.
See BirdLog for more information.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )