[texbirds] 2015 meeting dates--SAVE THESE DATES

  • From: "Jim Hailey" <irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TOS-List" <tos-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 16:11:09 -0500

I am happy to announce the meeting dates for our TOS meetings in 2015.  The
winter meeting will be held as usual over MLK Holiday weekend, January
16-20.  I am currently in discussions with the El Paso Audubon group about
hosting our meeting there.  This would be a first and should offer an
opportunity to explore a part of Texas not usually birded by many TOS
members.  I hope we can work this out.  The Spring meeting will be held
April 30-May 3 in Winnie, Texas.  This will offer us the opportunity to
visit all TOS sanctuaries on the upper Texas coast.  So be sure and save
these dates.

I would also like to announce the tentative dates for the winter trip to
Minnesota for owls--February 18-23 and the  Alaska trip-- June 4-18, 2015.
This will give you all something to look forward too and not think about a
hot August in Texas.

Finally, the summer newsletter is now available in electronic form on the
TOS website.  There is a password for TOS members.  If you are a member and
have not received your password, please contact Judy Kestner, TOS secretary,
at tosmember@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to verify your membership and get the password.
She will have the information on your membership status.  If you haven't
receive your password we may not have the correct email address for you.

Have a good summer, I off to the cooler climes of Ecuador.

Jim Hailey, President
Texas Ornithological Society
110 Lavaca Lane
Georgetown, TX 78628