[testingoutlookxp] something I remembered about mail formats

  • From: "Linda F. Johnson" <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <testingoutlookxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:46:23 -0400

 I don't know if you remember me saying that I was scared to set mso to
quoteprintable at freelists cuz I thought that would allow html...and now I
remember why

When I first did my newsletter at freelists, I ended up with a LOT of them
weird equal signs in it cuz I was playing with a lot of symbols to make
dividing lines in the newsletter that looked pretty (it's a plain text
newsletter and I was trying to dress it up) and I wrote to John Madden and
he told me to make some changes in the format in that "mime" setting and it
worked...I no longer get any weird symbols when I send ABC...so, I went and
checked all the settings in that mime section and now I remember that he had
me turn on html....for the newsletter, it's not a problem cuz I'm the only
one sending it...but I don't want to turn on html in mso cuz people could be
sending all kinds of "colorful" mail LOL

So, since turning on quoteprintable didn't stop the equal signs in mso, I
have to assume the html setting is the one I would have to change...and I
ain't....so we will have to live with the equal signs I guess...and if any
of the members want to turn them off, I will just point them to your article
and they can make the registry change.

Linda F. Johnson, M.A., MOS
Linda's Computer Stop
http://personal-computer-tutor.com <http://personal-computer-tutor.com/>