[terrapin] Terrapin Times - May 2006

  • From: <barleyjac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <terrapin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 23:34:38 -0400

TERRAPIN TIMES - May 2006
http://www.terrapinbeer.com

Welcome to the latest issue of the TERRAPIN TIMES, the monthly email newsletter
of Terrapin Beer Company. If you do not wish to receive future issues of the
TERRAPIN TIMES, instructions on how to be removed from the Terrapin Team
membership list are included at the bottom of this message.

* BEER FESTIVALS
* OTHER EVENTS
* NEW TERRAPIN BEER PODCAST
* LET'S TALK BEER (CONTEST)
* HAPPY BIRTHDAY (CONTEST)

* BEER FESTIVALS
May 6 - Taste of Highlands
http://tasteofthehighlands.com/

May 6 - Dunwoody Beer Festival
https://www.ticketalternative.com/TicketSelection.aspx?ScheduleKey=3011

May 13 - East Atlanta Beer Fest
http://www.notoberfest.com/

May 26 - Red, White, and Brew
Part of Freedom Fest in Remerton, GA

* OTHER EVENTS
May 5th - 7th, French Broad River Festival
This benefit for American Whitewater and Big Brothers/Big Sisters of WNC, will
take place on May 5-7, 2006 in beautiful Hot Springs, North Carolina, just 45
minutes north of Asheville. Come spend the weekend listening to the sounds of
the Mofro, Toubab Krewe, Big City Sunrise, and other great regional and
national recording artists, shopping fornew outdoor gear at the Silent Auction
or with the many vendors, and watching or participating in the "Paddle with the
Pros", the 2nd Annual FBRF Mountain Bike Race, or the 9 th Annual French Broad
River Raft Race.
http://www.frenchbroadriverfestival.com/

May 5th - Pigpen Cinco De Mayo at Tasty World
"Put that Pig on Stage: Local Athens recording facility Pigpen Studios has a
showcase coming up over at Tasty World on Friday, May 5. The show will feature
Pigpen recording artists October Frequency, Sounds Of Silence, Echovalve and
Burn the Dying City. For those unfamiliar with the ?Pigpen sound,? expect very
polished, very well-rehearsed bands that are used to utilizing one of the most
pro studios in town. Suffice it to say this showcase won?t be your normal
slack-rock thing. Oh, yeah, October Frequency is releasing its new album that
night and Terrapin Beer sponsors the show." Flagpole Magazine
http://www.pigpenstudios.net/

May 6th Moonshine Still at Variety Playhouse
Will Robinson, the drummer and a founding member, is leaving Moonshine Still.
This show will be his last so be sure to check it out.
http://www.moonshinestill.com/

May 8th - Summits U. Cumming
May 9th - Summits U. Snellville
May 10th - Summits U. Roswell Rd.
May 12th - Pint Night at all 3 Summits Wayside Taverns
http://www.summits-online.com

May 13th - East Atlanta Beer Fest After Party at the Graveyard.
Live music with Jon Harris and the Sin Hounds. Food specials and $3 pints of
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale.
1245 Glenwood Ave. 404-622-8686
http://www.graveyardtavern.com/

May 16th - Beer Dinner at Mix with Spike and Chef Carmen.
1441 Dresden Dr Ste 100
Atlanta, GA 30319
(404) 969-3250
http://www.atlantacuisine.com/cgi-bin/eforums/YaBB.pl?num=1133883443/0

NEW TERRAPIN BEER PODCAST
2006 Classic City Brewfest Podcast with Spike, Jon Harris and the Sin Hounds,
and many crazy Terrapin fans (we love you guys!) is now available at iTunes.
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=129050234&s=143441

* LET'S TALK BEER (CONTEST)
We are always in the mood to talk beer. Email us at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
about your experience with Terrapin: stories, compliments, or just why you
like the taste. A free Terrapin T-shirt will go to the top response each month.
To see previous winners go to http://www.terrapinbeer.com/beertalkwinners.html
Be sure to include your name, address, phone number and shirt size.

This month's winner is Dave Hagan from somewhere in Atlanta.  Congratulations,
Dave. Please email us with your shipping address and what size shirt you would
like.

"This past weekend I had the assignment to "bring the beer" for a weekend
tennis match against a rival local neighborhood.  As we regard our team mostly
as "a beer drinking team with a tennis problem", this assignment was of no
minor importance.  Taking my responsibility seriously, I headed to Greens in
Atlanta to stock up.  Knowing that the average tennis match is populated by a
plethora of the latest super bowl ad light beers, I intended to elevate the
collective pallet of our two teams.  Accordingly, I headed directly for my
personal favorite, Terrapin Rye Pale Ale (if I like it, every body else must
also, right?).  On my way, I almost stumbled over (no, I had not had any yet) a
brand new display of "Rye-Squared" that I did not know was out in bottles yet.
Of course, I stuck a couple 4 packs in my cart (in the interests of full
disclosure, I must confess that these never actually made it to the the tennis
courts - chalk it up to 'research').  I filled my cart up with abou
 t a 2 to 1 mix of six packs of Terrapin Rye Pale Ale and Cream Ale.  Saturday
morning, I filled my (overlarge) cooler with the bottled elixir and a healthy
quantity of ice and headed to the courts.  To my dismay, one of my team-mates
had mis-read the assignment list and brought a cooler full of "silver bullets".
 Needless to say, at the end of the afternoon, I had an empty cooler, and he
still had enough "silver bullets" to kill several packs of werewolves.  All in
all, I had succeeded in raising the level of performance of our team (we
actually lost at tennis, but kicked their butts at beer!)."

* HAPPY BIRTHDAY (CONTEST)
Every month Terrapin Beer Company will be giving away one T-shirt to a Team
member who has a birthday during that month.  Are you registered?  Maybe.  If
you receive this email you are a member of The Terrapin Team but that doesn't
mean that we know your birthday. Make sure that we have all of your info
updated by sending your name, address, phone, and birthdate to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You will be entered to win and we promise not to tell
anyone how old you are.

The winner for April is Anne Newbold. Congratulations Anne. Please email us
with your contact info and what size shirt you would like.

That's all for now. Thank you for all of your support. Feel free to send any
comments, suggestions or questions for Terrapin Beer Company to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Or call John Cochran at (706) 202-4467 or Brian (Spike)
Buckowski at (678) 522-3489.

Cheers,
Spike and John
Terrapin Beer Company

To UNsubscribe to this newsletter, please send an email to
terrapin-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the SUBJECT field.

To contact Terrapin, send an email to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx