[techtrainers] Software piracy

  • From: "Tighe, Peter" <Peter.Tighe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techtrainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:59:43 -0500

The division for Blind Services Consumer Procurement department has =
recently been alerted to a possible Software copyright violation by a =
contract trainer.   Management as asked me to remind all contract =
trainers that Software copyright violation is a felony subject to a fine =
of $125000.00 per violation. =20

The terms of each software agreement are determined by the language in =
their software license agreement. =20
It is imperative that you are aware of the software copyright terms of =
the products on which you are providing training.  For example, in the =
case of Jaws, individual Jaws users may install Jaws on multiple =
machines only if they are the only people to use Jaws on those machines. =
=20

Please be careful in these matters, since violation of software license =
agreements is sufficient reason for termination of contract. While you =
don't often hear from us in Austin, we appreciate your good work.  You =
make it possible for consumers to get the specific training on their own =
computers that they need.

Peter=20