[techtalk] Re: How do you control who's browse master with XP?

  • From: "Nick Hoover" <nicholashoover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:50:06 -0500

Got your e-mail concerning the following. I am a systems and network Admin.
If you still need advise let me know. I have delt with, well you name it.
Glad to help just need more info. my name is Nick.

>From: Tim Seifert <sir_tim_seifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Paul Ferguson <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [techtalk] Re: How do you control who's browse master with XP?
>Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:49:06 +1030
>
>_Replying to a message_
>
>By:  Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To:  TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>On:  Saturday, February 28, 2004, 11:30:44 PM
>Re:  [techtalk] Re: How do you control who's browse master with XP?
>

>Hi Paul,
>
> >>  Does anybody know how to do this?
>
> > Wouldn't it be far simpler to update the hosts file on both machines ?
>
>I don't know if that's the problem, as other things seem to work across
>the network.  It'd need to be the lmhosts file that you play with for that
>sort of thing, anyway.
>
>I'd be very surprised if part of the problem isn't that both machines want
>to be the master, and are taking a damn long time fighting over it.
>
> > Alternatively, try here:
> >
> > http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/54/
>
>That looks like it's the thing I need to do.  I'll forward that link to my
>friend.  I'm also forwarding the advice from Alan's message.
>
>--
>Bye,
>Tim (from Modbury, near Adelaide, South Australia).
>Personal & business site:  <http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/tim_seifert/>
><mailto:Sir_Tim_Seifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Send NO solicitations, nor junk mail!
>
>... I'm alergic to nuts.

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as
$29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/