[techsupport] Re: Philips 50P8341 bluish halo?

  • From: James Daly <surveysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 04:12:41 -0600

              Jeff,
It sounds like you have the common problem with these. The fluid in the tubes
is dirty and needs to be changed. If you aren't a tech., you are asking for
trouble if you try to repair yourself. You can get the fluid kit from most
parts stores.

      James P. Daly Jr.
705 Casa Cir. Apt B
Copperas Cove, Texas
                    76522-3971

> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:26:06 -0500
> From: zbadone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: techsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [techsupport] Philips 50P8341 bluish halo?
>
> I just acquired a Philips 50P8341 rear projection TV for free. It powers up
> fine,
> picture has a white/blue ghosting/halo effect around objects. Tried doing
> some adjustments
> but can not remove this ghosting/halo effect from the picture.
>
> Anybody have any ideas where to look or what is causing this problem? Is
> there a
> service manual to be had for this model? I have already found the USER manual
> but
> this is of limited use.
>
> I am capable of doing any work on this myself, soldering/desoldering, have
> O-scope
> and DVM and can read a schematics. First time working on a RP-TV.
>
> I have also heard from others about a Fluid change? How do I go about
> checking this
> level? by eye?
>
> Many thanks.

Try amazing new 3D maps