licq-0.85

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:32:43 -0500

Licq v0.85 was released earlier today.  Anyone who thinks instant communication
is evil, etc., can stop reading now. :)

For those of you who don't use linux, Licq is a clone of ICQ for Linux, and
it's very good (I like it a lot more than the windows client, anyway).  As far
as ICQ clones (there are lots of em), Licq's probably the best.

Now, I'm not one for advertising other peoples' software, but this release is
particularly cool: it implements SSL-encrypted messaging, and it's the first of
its kind to do so.  This is an important step, since it allows reasonable
security for a form of communication that has been, until now, riddled with
security problems.  So what think ye all?

John

 --
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Sys-Admin / Webmaster, Avenir Web: http://avenir.dhs.org