[TechAssist] Re: variac

  • From: jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 04:13:20 -0500

  It is a bit of the wrong time of year, but amateur radio flea martkets
(hamfests) are good sources for surplus variacs (as well as other test
equpment) at prices much cheaper than you can build one. Both of mine came
from same. There are a number of surplus outlets online (including auction
sites like E-bay), but transformers are heavy, and expensive to ship.
  I used to be an experimenter as much sa anyone, but winding an
autotransformer is a bit much for me even in more enthusiastic times.

Mikr Goins      jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx

At 09:07 AM 11/23/01 -0800, you wrote:

>i am a recent graduate with a B.S. in electronics, and a B.S. in
industrial elect6ricity and would like to know if any of you super techs
out there knows how to build a homemade variac if so i would appreciate it
if you could send me a parts list and a schematic. thanks wilbert