[TechAssist] update:Toshiba CE32H15 IC Q501 info (no DPC adjust.)]

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:16:41 -0400

On going battle with this:
Toshiba CE32H15/TAC9805.
Need any input avail.
Phil Bader, Jan Phyl TV

Thought I would forward this to the group for information sake.This
brings us up to date:
Set was dead.storm.Repl. fuse,fixed open trace, shuts down instant:repl.
Q471.Cured.Plays but has severe side pincushion distortion,worse on
right.Entered service mode.Selected DPC.Changed the adjustment values
and absolutely no change.Checked all the DPC circuitry,all seems
OK.Suspect the DPC circuit is not getting a good control voltage, even
tho the service menu OSD values are changing with the vol up/down
adjust.This signal/voltage originates fron IC Q501 pins 15,17. (Q501 was
changed).Joe (Pro-Electronics)has "adopted me" on this one! ;-) So:

I entered service mode,got to the DPC, selected a crosshatch pattern.
My plan is to measure these pins (Q501:15 and 17) while pushing vol up
and down, changing the values on the DPC correction values and look for
a change in the DCV or scope P/PV on those pins.
Then, I put my DVM probe on IC Q501 pin 15. A constant DCV of about
+2.3V.Same on pin 17.No changing thru a range of values.
Scope probe on 15, see a composite squarewave about 4VPP, pin 17 a
flattened ramp wave about 1VPP.
 Neither the DC or scope signals on either pins change while I change
the values of DPC in service menu.So, correction voltages are
unchanging.
I think the problem is the PC ckt is getting a constant correction
voltage from Q501. I changed Q501 so that's not the culprit.
Wondering now if I'm dealing with a micro or eeprom chip.
The OSD shows the parameters are increasing and decreasing,but no
voltage change,Q501 OK, that leaves only other thing: micro or eeprom.
Is my thinking flawed?
Phil