[TechAssist] Re: technics SA-DX830

  • From: "bob" <bob_whigt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 03:33:44 -0600

Hello Ian
I dont have any thang on the 830 got this on the SA-DX930  if the fan only
comes on at 10: oclock or higher promb.the same fault:If you have purchased
a Technics SA-DX930 Receiver, then you have no doubt noticed that it runs
VERY HOT. If you recently purchased this receiver, you may not have problems
with it right away. It took eight months for mine to burn out. Panasonic
will fix it free of charge, however, they will only fix the symptom and not
the cause of the problem. The cause of the problem is a "flaw" in the way
the receiver is designed. Although the receiver is equiped with a fan for
cooling the unit, the fan does not activate unless the volume is turned up
past 10 o'clock and even then, it may take a loud sound effect to trigger
the fan. ....bob