[TechAssist] Re: scott amplifier A4001 model,need schematic

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:47:59 +0000

That Scott is probbably name only depends on who really made it... Probbably
made mid late '80s the same time orion was using the name for its vcr's too
(or someone was using it on the vcr) If I rember correctly these amps were
pretty simple compaired to sony more like some of the items put out under
the teac logo and a few other lines like MTS. Since everthing is direct
coupled a falt in the output stage or drivers can cause the preamps to
meltdown, open transistors are a little more atypical than shorted one, its
possible Did you get any indication from the customer as to the mode of
failure... moved, moved while on, Car speakers, Subwoofer, Cat/mice ate
wires, wired to another amp, Striped speaker wire and pluged into ac outlet,
Lightning, etc ...... You might be able to replace the bured/blown parts,
and the resitors in the set and it will work but that is a big ?...
Defeinately need to test the customers speakers or it will happen again with
that kind of damage to the output stages.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Wilfred Blakey" <wblakey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "tech assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] scott amplifier A4001 model,need schematic
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:45:10 -0500

I have a Scott stereo with a problem of too much voltage. I checked it out
and found two of the outputs on one channel open and two transistors further
to the front with holes in them and burned off legs. Also three small
electrolytics are exploded so I take it that there must have been a problem
with the supply voltages. I do not think this company is still in business
now but am not sure.
  Could I ask if anyone has a diagram I could get sent to me by pdf or other
means? TIA
Blakey TV
Kirkland Lake,Ont.,Canada
Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: