[TechAssist] Re: kv-32s42 set dead

  • From: Frank Luu <fkluu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 07:21:31 -0800 (PST)

 Hello:
You have to disconnect all the secondarary sourses (says remove all diodes) and
run the set at 30~40V AC and monitor the output see if it running OK. of course
you have to check see if anything else opened or shorted at the primary side
too.Then reinstall diodes at the secondary one by one see if anything loading
it down.You may order the G board from Sony and it should be less than
$100.(may be better off this way).
Good week-end
Frank

  miglinasj <miglinasj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Had this set come in dead a few days
ago and found out the schematic has been back-ordered. Checking the power
supply came across IC601(872904112) shorted and R607(.1 ohm) burned open.
Checked caps and diodes around the shorted IC and all checked ok. Also checked
HOT, V- IC, and sound IC,also ok. So I picked up the last ic from my
distributor and installed it and promptly it shorted out after turning set on.
Any ideas before I plunk down another 10 bucks?
TIA and regards Jonas

SUBJECT field to the address above.

SUBJECT field to the address above.