[TechAssist] Re: fixRCA CTC130A GMR860TR severe 120 Hz bands thru pix

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:59:59 +0000

It has been a couple of years since I've seen one of these mender in, Those
caps gave strange problems, Did you do the obligitory sodder connections in
the MTT001 that these all need. Check the switches for proper possion -ie
speaker on/off internal/external, SAP/Stereo/mono.. Does this set have the
speakers capacitor coupled? But Two of us compare memories It seems that
both problems were usually related to the MTT001

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] fixRCA CTC130A GMR860TR severe 120 Hz bands thru pix
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:13:20 -0500

Inside the MTT001a tuner module, two open caps:
C654 (100mfd/16v, C672 (220mfd/25v) and a weak C656 (330mfd/10v)
Cured the 120Hz bands.
Now to fix the no sound.This console uses a seperate audio stereo amo
board I assume is bad.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader wrote:

 > Looks like an open main filter.Two 6" wide bands move up thru
 > picture.Changed the 680Mfd main filter and the ADG thermistor(both OK)
 > and same. All bridge diodes are OK. Oldie chassis.Any histories on this?
 > Phil Bader
 > --
 > Philip Bader
 > Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
 > 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
 > Fax (863) 299-8821
 > email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here:

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: