[TechAssist] Re: fix? Re: Pioneer SDP5193-K projo, good pix, squeel thru audio

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:06:50 -0400

fix?
Customer called me back.Said she moved the set away from the wall to
look and noticed the coax cable that goes from the VCR down to the
Projo's cable input was barely on at all.By one thread of the connector
at the VCR.She tightened all cables and the squeel was gone.
I also suspect she was flexing/moving the cable,therefore the PTV's
tuner input as well,and maybe flexing something inside the set.
(Like the RCA tuner on board issues where moving the coax clears the
picture.)
 Funny the picture was not affected.Just a squeel.
Well it's OK now.
Will see...
Phil Bader

Philip Bader wrote:

> I have recieved no responses from this forum, but another forum member
> suggested in light of the fact the audible "squeel" is heard even when
> the sound is turned all the way down, maybe it is not comming thru the
> speakers at all. Another words, maybe a HV arc from inside the case is
> being heard in the room.
> That never ocurred to me.
> I instructed the customer to see if she can switch off the speakers
> totally and see. This would eliminate the cause as the audio output
> stage(after the volume control ckt).
> Will see.
> Anyone, jump in here if you have a pregnant idea!
> Phil Bader
>
> Philip Bader wrote:
> >
> > Pioneer made this 51 inch PTV in 1996.
> > Customer said she turns it on and hears a "squeel" (feedback?) along
> > with the station sound.Loud and irritating. The squeel is WITH the
> > sound.Over phone I had her turn the set on and lower the volume to
> > minimum.The squeel stayed same level even with the sound lowered.
> > Picture is unaffected as per customer.
> > She is in the next town (of course).
> > ANY known issues on thie symptom/model?
> > She said it always happened right at turn on. Before she could turn the
> > set off,then on to clear it, or just leave the room a minute.
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Phil Bader
> > --
> > Philip Bader
> > Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> > 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> > Fax (863) 299-8821
> > email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > *****************************************************************************
> > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> > http://sell.tech-assist.org
> > The Tech Address Book:
> > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
> > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
> > Lost Password:
> > Email Archives:
>
> --
> Philip Bader
> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> Fax (863) 299-8821
> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Professional Technicians Only

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!