[TechAssist] Re: ctc197ca no sound

  • From: "gatzeys tv" <gatzeys_tv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:37:06 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

If this is an intermittent no audio condition you may be taking hits from
broadcasters.  Sounds stupid I know but I've seen hundreds of intermitten=
audios and once I get them in the shop they run okay.  Between TCE and
myself it was deter=3Dmined that randomly come broadcasters are sending o=
ut
signals that mute the tv sound.  There is no actual repair as TCE claims
this is not a fault of their tvs but broadcast.  Simply unplug the set an=
leave it for a few mins.  This corrects the fault.  If you can determine
that the offending network let TCE know and they will track it.  This may
not be your problem but I know we shook our heads many a time until this =
tip
came along=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Date: Friday, November 22, 2002 04:35:47 PM=0D
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: ctc197ca no sound=0D
 =0D
See if SAP is turned on(Menu)=0D
=0D
Peggs=0D
=0D
At 02:26 PM 11/22/02 -0800, Richard Brink wrote:=0D
>=0D
>I have a RCA CTC197CA tv in my shop that the customer complains of no so=
und=0D
>either at start up or no sound after the unit plays for a while. I have =
had=0D
>the unit run in my shop for a few days now and can not simulate the prob=
lem
=0D
>Does anyone know of any problems this chassis may have with the sound? A=
ny=0D
>help would be appreciated.=0D
>=0D
>Thanks,=0D
>Richard Brink=0D
>Brink Electronic Service=0D
>3979 Austin St.=0D
>Pequot Lakes, MN. 56472=0D
>218-568-8780=0D
>=0D
>=0D
>------------------------------------------=0D
>To REMOVE your email address, click here:=0D
> http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html=0D
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:=0D
> http://www.techassist.net/forms/change.html=0D
>------------------------------------------=0D
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***=0D
>Submit Repair Tips here: =0D