[TechAssist] Re: anyone have info on this old receiving tube?

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Max Bonnell)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:36:07 -0500

I have a 1968 Sylvania tube manual with no mention of that tube. That
must be an old timer like me.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx(Hoyt's=A0TV) Date: Thu, Apr 22, 2004, 7:12pm (CDT+1)
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: anyone have info
on this old receiving tube? Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's an old Sylvania part number. When Philips bought Sylvania they
began changing them over to their own 10 digit system and soon after
that to a 12 digit system.
I have a NAP parts price book from 1983 which lists the old Sylvania
part numbers in a cross ref. to the NAP numbers. That number isn't in
there. Of course I didn't save all the old books when the new one came
out each year. I do have a 1986 NAP price book and they don't list any
crossovers in it at all.
I assume it is a projo tube. If you can give me a possible year I will
try to look it up in the microfiche service info.
Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH