[TechAssist] Re: acrobat question pdf

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:40:12 -0500

A while back I had a problem with a Sony schematic having blue blocks
covering portions of it. Scott Beebe emailed and said he uploaded a
plugin for Acrobat reader to the members section (see his note below).
Perhaps there are other plugins for Acrobat to take care of similar
problems?

Also, it may be a problem within "layers" in the Acrobat file. I believe
complex Acrobat pages are built using layers, whereas maybe a photo
would be on a bottom layer and text on a layer on top of the photo. I am
thinking that if the upper layer would be corrupt, it could show up as a
black box. I'm guessing that you would require the full version of
Acrobat (not just the reader, but the writer as well) to remove the
corrupt layer. Perhaps someone who is expert with Acrobat could confirm
if this is correct.

If need be, you could snap a Print-Screen of the PDF page you want and
edit it in a photo editing program and save it that way.

I uploaded it to the members section, I have not found a need for this
yet, but there is a first time for everything. maybe trying another copy
of the .pdf may help as well.

sonyesi_acrobat_plugin.zip

just extract, and copy it to your plug-in folder.
Something like (\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\Plug_ins)

  Thanx,

Scott Beebe
Ohm Electronics Inc.
609 W. Clinton St.