[TechAssist] Re: Zenith projection tv Model # Z56Z83R7

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:51:44 -0500

Mando, I don`t have the serv. manual for that unit, but if memory
serves me, some of your critical voltages leave the 1674 and go into the
convergence panel and then come back out to the 1674 module, seems like
you`ve checked/replaced everything else, so maybe your losing a must
have voltage somewhere on the convergence panel, worth a look, good luck
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428

armando guerra wrote:

> This set has me stumped.It came in dead.I found the flyback,hot,shorted
> besides 6 other components in the 9-1674-02 module bad.Since ther were
> so many parts dn,I replaced the complete module.The focus divider looked
> like it had a split in its body so I replaced it as I alway's do when I
> replace the  smps module.Well,after all this,fire set up and all I get
> is sound and no pix.I disconnected the lead coming off the 1674 to the
> divider and there is no arc there at all.So,I thought,maybe a shorted
> pix tube killing the high voltage.
> One at a time,I disconnect the high voltage lead to pix tube along with
> the crt bd.Still the high voltage does not come up.The new 9-1674-02 is
> ok.I tried it in another set that I have here.I am out of idea's.I would
> apreciate any tips or help that I can get.Thanks
> Mando
> Birdie's Tv & Electronics
> Casa  Grande,AZ

> Submit A Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>         http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.html
> For automatic password retrieval 24 hours a day, go to:

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428
http://www.tvjunkyard.com