[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Z46Z70V, no video, convergance problem?

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:56:43 -0400

First, check the 9-1674 sweep module for open resistors R3243 (110K) and
R3244 (82K). You will more than likely find one or both open. After that, go
to the members area and download the Zenith Convergence information and
procedures that I uploaded there a while ago. Do not attempt to converge the
set until you review those pages, especially the "settings" page. If those
settings are too far off from those rough initials settings, then undo
stress may placed upon those convergence output ICs and waveform driver ICs
and damage them so you get caught in a vicious loop. That info was given to
me by Zenith Technical Assistance. The files you should look at in the
members download area are as follows:

Zenith Convergence Settings.jpg
Zenith Illustration.jpg
Zenith Procedure.jpg