[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SS2504

  • From: "Lynn B" <lynns@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:30:04 -0600

Hi Gary: Keith is correct. In addition to replacing all the defective parts,
it is adviseable to isolate the filament from the chassis. You can make or
purchase a isolation transformer to do this. One cheap way is to rrmove
the two wire connector from the main chassis, remove the plug from the
wires. Then wrap the wires around the core of the fbt. Wrap the individual
wires in the opposite direction so you have two wraps then solder and
insulat
the ends together, and it should work. Also check for a cap on the crt
socket
from the foil of the point where the two wires from the main board are
connected
then remove the ceramic or whatever cap it is, and that will isolate the
filament
from the cathode, and chassis. This is helpful in keeping them out the door.
Lynns Electronics lynns@xxxxxxxxxxxx