[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SR3547 hv,filaments no raster no sound

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:06:56 -0500

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

ZENITH   9-1270

Raster No Go - No Pix, Video, Or H.V. Sound Ok. Had A Line Down The Middle
Before It Quit.

Robinson Electronics

Replace Shorted Hot Qx3208 "1148-01", Replace Pigtail Fuse Fx3403 "3a.
250v.".
Resolder (Bad Connection) On Lx3262 - Caused The Hot To Fail & Fuse To Open.

ZENITH   9-1270

Shutdown, Intermttent, After Replacing Flyback, Part # 95-4134-09

Marshfield Tv

Flyback Part # 95-4134-09.  Called Tech Assist At Tri-State, They Supplied
The Flyback, Zenith Said Discontinued.  They Said Change Crx3204 From 9.1v
Zener To 12v Zener.  Diode Located Near Qx3201, Towards Front/Center Of
Board.  That Cured It.

ZENITH   9-1270

Shutdown, Intermttent, After Replacing Flyback, Part # 95-4134-09

Set Came In With Sound, No Raster, No B+ On Hot. Found 130v Fuse Open, Rang
Fly Was Bad, Replaced Fly (95-4134-09) With An Aftermarket From Tristate
Module

Hv Came Back, Would Shutdown After A Minute Or So. Noticed Pincushion
Problem. Replaced Qx3201 And Solved Pin Cushion, But Still Shutdown.  Pix
Was Snowy. After Bypassing Rf Switcher With No Results, I Replaced Tuner
(175-2400), Pix Was Great Still Shutdown

Was Losing Horiz Drive,. Solution Was To Parallel A 12k Resistor Across
Rx3209, Which Solved Problem.  Apparently Aftermarkets Have A Discrepancy
In Sampling Windings

ZENITH   9-1270

No Video . Has Good Audio.

John A1tv 3-17-00

Solder Bad At Ic 3402(Close To Smps Transformer) On Sweep Brd Solder Bad At
Large Diode Next To Smps Transformer(Pcb Kinda Burnt Too

ZENITH   9-1270

Horizontal Deflection Intermittent

Jeff Stielau : 7/9/01 : Shoreline Electronics

Cracked/Burnt Solder Connection On Coil Lx3202. Located On Back Right Corner
Of Sweep Pc Board

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager