[TechAssist] Zenith Proj.model-PVY4662DT chassis GZ-no video

  • From: Richard La Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:11:23 -0800 (PST)

Hello all
   I fixed the video last year on this set by replacing the 120 k resistor off
the HOT to the micro. Now the customer told me the convergence was way off and
the set sat idle several months.. When I got there there was no video at all. I
have a small horiz pulse out of the 83k resistor going to the micro (probably
less than 1 volt) and the 120k and 83 k resistors are still good. When I look
into the crt's I can see what looks like a way off horizontal frequency with
lots of bands. I saw this condition on other direct view Zeniths that had bad
caps in the PIP module and it was a breeze bypassing them,(they only had a 3
pin plug with 2 coax lines-in-out)
   I  was  hoping someone can tell me how to bypass this 9-1650 PIP module to
get some video back and see what kind of convergence problems I am going to
find next. I can handle the convergence problems on these sets but I never saw
one of these do this.
   Any ideas appreciated
  TIA!

Richard La Placa