[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PVR4660VK Pix is bowed equally on top, bottom, andsides, and convergence is bad.

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:21:08 -0400

I just repaired same chassis today. The STK392-110 IC's were replaced on the
9-1690 convergence board (only one 1 ohm resistor was slightly brown but ok,
replaced anyhow), but still had same problem noted in subject post. Found
open R3243 110k it is very tricky to find this resistor!!! Look to right of
R3244 and you will see a large blue 5W resistor in front of HOT. Look UNDER
resistor and you will find R3243 110K (mine was open). replacing both
STK392-110 IC's and one of the 1 ohm resistors and the open R3243 fixed our
set. NOTE....Do not use your Sencore PR-57 on final test because the set
draws so much current it made me think I had other problems such as
regulation and/or vert size. Plugged into AC direct plug for final test and
all was perfect. Hope this helps!

Dan Garris
Garris TV
New Bern, NC
DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

>From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Zenith PVR4660VK Pix is bowed equally on top,
>bottom, and sides, and convergence is bad.
>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:23:37 -0500
>

>Hi LeRoy;
>1ST, measure the + and - supplies to the convergence amplifiers..
>if everything is ok, and the low value resistors (2.2 or so) are ok as well
>maybe you have a bad resistor at the HOT's collector (1/2W 110 - 120k
>followed
>by a 82k, also suspicious, first half-hidden underneath a several watts R)
>That is a
>very well known problem with those Zeniths, from them comes some 16v;
>if not present,  they cause pincushion, convergence
>failure and sometimes loss of video.
>HTR
>Jorge
>Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX
>
>At 09:46 p.m. 20/04/2004 -0600, you wrote:
> >Hi members,
> >I repaired my focus problems by replacing the Focus block. I still have
>bad
> >convergence, and the pix is bowed equally on top, bottom, and both sides.
> >Does anybody have a fix listed for this problem ?
> >I don't want to buy convergence amps, cause I'm pretty sure it won't fix
>the
> >problem.
> >I'll buy some if you guys think I need them.
> >Can't afford to waste money buying parts that won't help. So far,..so
> >good,...but,..I need a quck fix,...bad !
> >
> >Any help is appreciated,
> >LLW
> >
> >LeRoy Westlund
> >Westlund TV & Electronics
> >97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
> >Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
> >Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
> >mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

> >Lost Password:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login Problems?".
> >Email Archives:
> >//www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
>

>Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE