[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PTV: A50M84W1 dead. fix.

  • From: "tvdoc" <tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:43:10 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

I've had several of these and currently working on one right now. Most of
these just have a shorted QX3200 that overheats and shorts out the CXR3412
due to bad drive connections. The power diode literally burns up and
sometimes chars the board. I have had a few that have had bad flybacks, so
now whenever I find this situation, I replace the fly, transistor, diode and
resolder all the connections in the drive circuit. Zenith really done a
booboo with this board. They should have stuck a load resistor or a fuse
between the diode and the fly. I have seen some of these that look like they
almost caught on fire. I'm thinking about modifying the circuit when
repairing these boards by integrating a pico fuse someplace.     Neil   TV
Doctors    Monroe,Wa.