[TechAssist] Re: Zenith B27A11Z not TA1268N poor color/contrast.dark

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:05:45 -0500

Tony,

Unsolder the tuner pins and see if you get snow and audio hiss. If this set
is the one I'm thinking of and the tuner # is 175-02721, the tuner can cause
these symptoms. If it is the tuner and you replace it you have to replace a
resistor RX3417. The original resistor is a 680 ohm 1/2 w, and you replace
it with a 330 ohm 2w. This resistor is in the 5v source supply off of the
collector of Q3404. There is no instructions with the new tuner about
changing this resistor, but if you don't change it all you will get is a
snowy raster.

                                 HTH
                                 Dan Webster
                                 Webster's TV