[TechAssist] Re: X-Box Hard Drives

  • From: "Service Technician" <technician@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:44:07 -0500

The hard drive and motherboard are coded as a set motherboard knowing the
password to access the HDD.  I have tried to do what you are attempting
several times without replacing either both as a pair or installing a mod
chip with another larger HDD.  Some have had success with soft-mods, but in
my opinion your better off to chip it and fix it.  Although llama.com has
the motherboard and hard drive as a combo for $89.00 if you want original
config.