[TechAssist] Re: Wyse WY-355

  • From: "Chaz" <chaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:54:03 -0500

For for the delay to this email..
In the case it has not yet been replied to, or possibly has - I haven't
seen any <sm> - in answer to your question, from my experience
with these Wyses.. I have several of these and some other models
that I still do work with for manufacturering companies.

They are not very good for using as "regular monitors" as there dor
pitches, for one, are good only for "monitoring" type monitors such
as in CCTV or security.  I convert these for this application only as
a backup monitor.  Other than that, they serve their purpose as
dumb-terminals.  I find that even a good amber monitor works
better for more applications than these Wyses <gr>.  This is not to
say that they can't be converted for use as a regular monitor.  It is
only to say, dependent on your application and/or to whom it will
go, is the factor in it's worth of time and conversion.

Chaz

From:                   "info" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:                     <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:                [TechAssist] Wyse WY-355
Date sent:              Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:38:09 -0700
Send reply to:          techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hi , any idea of can convert this terminal in a "simple" monitor?  ,
> if this is possible...
>
> Ruben

> To unsubscribe write to:
> techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx