[TechAssist] Re: Windows 98,no mouse control

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:51:22 -0500

Is Windows 98 the original with this computer? Or an upgrade from 95? Best
bet is to use the original recovery disk set, a boot floppy and a cd. If it
has been upgraded that will put it back to 95 so another upgrade will then
be required. Or you can just boot to the dos prompt and reinstall 98.
Reinstalling 98 is not bad at all since it will set up all the hardware. 95
did not do a very good job of setting up hardware so it would sometimes be a
pain to reinstall.
Jim Myers
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx